Sid Yoga: Teacher Training VideoCheck out information about our Yoga Alliance accredited 200 hour and 300 hour Teacher Trainings. We have been guiding teachers of yoga since 2004. We believe in continued evolution, growth and empowerment for all! Lead. Teach. Inspire.
Live it to give it!
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training: 4-month immersion
Lead , teach and inspire! Immerse yourself deeper into the world of yoga. This training is held exclusively at Sid Yoga’s foundation home studio in Towson, MD. Your process begins with an inward exploration by completing our exclusive, “Empowerment & Beyond” program, which is a six week self study yoga program practicing reflection, wisdom and peace. Over the duration of the four months, you will attend seven weekend intensives that will educate, inspire and empower you to teach yoga.
Overall program curriculum includes:
- Our exclusive “Empowerment & Beyond” program and sequence
- Baron Baptiste’s “Journey into Power” sequence
- Personal growth through group discussions and exercises
- Philosophy of yoga: how to practice it in your life and how to teach this in your classes
- Focused study in the Yoga Sutras & modern Ethics of teaching yoga
- Hands-on Assisting & Adjusting techniques
- Live in-class assisting practice
- Basics anatomy of yoga poses and movement
- Sequencing of postures and classes
- Methodology and techniques of teaching
- Develop skills and tools to teach to all-levels
- Practice teaching classes and direct group feedback
- Come away from the training ready to teach a dynamic and inspiring 60-90 minute power vinyasa class
- Awaken your spirit and ignite your life
- Intro to business of yoga and establishing yourself as a teacher
Additional program requirements are text book readings, community Karma yoga duty, a community teaching internship, a self-evaluated DVD of you teaching, and final reflection papers.
Dates & times: Offered every Fall and Spring season.
Includes a $500 non-refundable deposit.
EARLY BIRD registrations available!
Interested in receiving a scholarship? Sign up today for our next scholarship event.
Monthly payment plans are available.
Included in your tuition:
- Teacher training instruction
- Empowerment & Beyond program
- Course manual and binder
- Yoga classes during your training intensive weekends
- Free Sunday night 6:30pm classes
- Discounts on all workshops at Sid Yoga Center
- Discounts on Sid Yoga apparel and products
- Discounts on Manduka products
Sid McNairy- Owner/founder of Sid Yoga; Teaching teachers in yoga since 2004; E-RYT 500; Celebrated world-wide yoga teacher; Certified Baptiste Teacher; Author of Empowerment & Beyond; Division I football coach for 12 years; Yoga teacher to NFL athletes.
Sid Yoga Team: You will be guided by the Sid Yoga team of partner teachers. All of who have been trained within the Sid Yoga Trainings and have completed 200 and 300 hour training. As well as each has had steady mentor training with Sid McNairy. Sid Yoga training are lead by our inspirational team that is here for you in every way!
Bring to each training intensive:
- Course manual and text book
- Yoga mat and towel
- Yoga clothes and changes of clothes
- Healthy snacks and food
- Water and electrolytes for energy and renewal
- A positive and curious spirit!
Traveling?This extended program is also appropriate for students who do live outside of the area. The student would arrive in Towson for the six weekend intensives, and the Empowerment & Beyond program is experienced via teleconferencing. Travel accommodations are to be made by the student, though Sid Yoga is here to help make any recommendations. See below for our travel information.
” I could never have imagined how empowering this process would be. My mind has been blown open and my heart has never been more active. I’ve learned tools that I can implement into my life immediately to see you to shift and others that I have experienced myself. This is so much more than an opportunity to learn the power vinyasa sequence and tools of teaching. I had an awakening I never anticipated possible.”- Amanda Bussey
Weeklong Teacher Training Phases
Our weeklong Teacher Training immersions are condensed time-focused programs that are brought to studios and retreat centers around the world. The student commits to 7-10 full days of yoga trainings and yoga practicing.
200 hour weeklong trainings: Phase I and Phase II
Our 200hour Teacher Training is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School.
Phase I description
This program composes the first part of 200hour teacher training. The goal of this week is “Establishing power for yourself and others.” Students will be introduced to the foundations of assisting/adjusting, and be exposed to understanding the anatomy of yoga postures. Discussions on the Yoga Sutras and philosophy of our flow will teach students about the depth and versatility of practicing yoga. Students will be introduced to leading a class by receiving voice coaching, and learning sequencing basics. This weeklong session is an inward journey that brings the focus to the internal by recognizing where we hold back, and where we can break through.
UPCOMING PHASE I TRAINING DATES & LOCATIONS:
Phase II description
Prerequisite: Phase I
UPCOMING PHASE II TRAINING DATES & LOCATIONS:
We are a Yoga Alliance 200-hour Registered Yoga School. Upon graduation from SYTT, you can receive your 200hour RYT with Yoga Alliance.