Live it to give it!
Sid Yoga: Teacher Training VideoCheck out information about our Yoga Alliance accredited 200 hour and 300 hour Teacher Trainings. We have been guiding teachers of yoga since 2004. We believe in continued evolution, growth and empowerment for all! Lead. Teach. Inspire.
Lead, teach and inspire!
Immerse yourself into the experience of yoga teacher training.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training:
Choose between a 2-weeklong immersion or 7 weekend modules
200 hour weeklong trainings: Phase I and Phase II
Each week of training consists of 100 hours. To complete the 200 hour training program choose your Phase I and Phase II program.
Phase I programs are offered every January, February, June, and July. Phase II programs are offered every March and August.
UPCOMING PHASE I TRAINING DATES & LOCATIONS:
- February 12th-19th @ Krigsman Studio, Boston MA
- May 12th-21st @ La. Jolla, California
- June 4th-11th @House of Yoga York, PA
- July 9th-16th @Krigsman Yoga Boston, MA
UPCOMING PHASE II TRAINING DATES & LOCATIONS:
- March 12-19th @Sid Yoga Center, Towson,
- August 13th-20th @House of Yoga, York, PA.
- October 15th-22nd @Krigsman Yoga, Boston, MA.
200 Hour Weekend Trainings:
Program extends over the course of 7 weekends. Trainings offered every Fall and Winter season. Weekend 2-month intensives offered every June.
Meet the Sid Yoga Teacher Training Team:
Program Facilitator: Sid McNairy – Owner/founder of Sid Yoga; BA in Movement Sports Science from Purdue University; Masters in Sports Administration from Eastern Illinois; E-RYT 500; Training teachers since 2004; Celebrated world-wide yoga teacher; Author of Empowerment & Beyond and the soon to be released Nahi Warrior; Division I football coach for 12 years; Yoga teacher to NFL athletes.
Sid Yoga Supporting Team: You will be guided by the Sid Yoga team of partner teachers. All of who have been trained within the Sid Yoga Trainings and have completed 200 and 300 hour training. As well as each has had steady mentor training with Sid McNairy.
Coral Pross, E-RYT 200, Licensed Clinical Practicing Counselor; Masters in School Counseling; Masters in Teaching; Bachelor’s in Education
Liz Hahn, E-RYT 300 from Sid Yoga Center; Masters in School Counseling from Loyola University; National Certified Counselor; Bachelor’s in Psychology from Salisbury University
Sid McNairy IV, E-RYT 300; Teaching Yoga since he was 13 years old
Overall program curriculum includes:
- Our exclusive “Nahi Warrior” sequence
- Best Selling, Yoga & Life Empowerment Program
- Personal growth through group discussions and exercises
- Philosophy of yoga: how to practice it in your life and how to teach this in your classes
- Focused study in the Yoga Sutras & modern Ethics of teaching yoga
- Hands-on Assisting & Adjusting techniques
- Live in-class assisting practice
- Basics anatomy of yoga poses and movement
- Sequencing of postures and classes
- Methodology and techniques of teaching
- Develop skills and tools to teach to all-levels
- Practice teaching classes and direct group feedback
- Come away from the training ready to teach a dynamic and inspiring 60-90 minute power vinyasa class
- Awaken your spirit and ignite your life
- Intro to business of yoga and establishing yourself as a teacher
Included in your tuition:
- Teacher training instruction
- Empowerment & Beyond program
- Course manual and binder
- Yoga classes during your training intensive weekends
- Free Sunday night 6:30pm classes
- Discounts on all workshops at Sid Yoga Center
- Discounts on Sid Yoga apparel and products
- Discounts on Manduka products
Additional program requirements are text book readings, community Karma yoga duty, a community teaching internship, a self-evaluated DVD of you teaching, and final reflection papers.
Interested in receiving a scholarship? Next opportunity to be scheduled.
Monthly payment plans are available.
This extended program is also appropriate for students who live outside of the area. The student would arrive in Towson for the seven weekend intensives, and the Empowerment & Beyond program is experienced via teleconferencing. Travel accommodations are to be made by the student, though Sid Yoga is here to help make any recommendations.
” I could never have imagined how empowering this process would be. My mind has been blown open and my heart has never been more active. I’ve learned tools that I can implement into my life immediately to see you to shift and others that I have experienced myself. This is so much more than an opportunity to learn the power vinyasa sequence and tools of teaching. I had an awakening I never anticipated possible.”– Amanda Bussey
” I have only been taking yoga classes for about six months. I really didn’t feel ready for teacher training but I was really encouraged to do it. I am so happy I did! It has helped me become a better and happier me. I cannot wait to take the next 100 hours in phase 2.” K.R., Gulf Shores, AL
We are a Yoga Alliance 200-hour Registered Yoga School. Upon graduation from SYTT, you can receive your 200hour RYT with Yoga Alliance.