Sid Yoga: Teacher Training VideoCheck out information about our Yoga Alliance accredited 200 hour and 500 hour Teacher Trainings. We have been guiding teachers of yoga since 2005. Be believe in continued evolution, growth and empowerment for all! Lead. Teach. Inspire.
500 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: 8- module immersion
This program consists of 300 hours to compliment your already attained 200 hour yoga training.
Yoga teachers will deepen their teaching skills in several aspects through support of the teacher training group and facilitating instructors. The focus of the program highlights advanced sequence training which is about creating classes that specialize in teaching to specific populations. You will learn advanced assisting techniques which incorporates methods of thai yoga therapy. Together we will get grounded in each individuals strengths and passions in order to create workshops and yoga programs that showcase each teachers specialities through advanced sequencing methods.
The goal of this program is to highlight you! Other weekend trainings include co-facilitating a 200-hour training weekend, practice teaching with feedback and video evaluations, training to teach yoga for all types of athletes, ayurveda training, and together we will take a weekend training retreat in the Poconos of Pennsylvania. Throughout the training, we will come together to create individual research projects that will be studied during the program, and presented at the last weekend of training.
Our 500 hour program has been recently enhanced to incorporate yoga teachers of all styles, and to develop the personal strength of each teacher at the highest level. Training hours include our 6-week Empowerment and Beyond program, seven weekend training intensives, outside research and project development, and additional practicum training hours completed upon each student’s schedule. See our teacher training dates page for our next advanced training.
We are a Yoga Alliance 500-hour Registered Yoga School. Upon graduation from SYTT, you can receive your 200hour RYT with Yoga Alliance.
Required Program Modules
- Empowerment & Beyond: Live in your power from a place of true peace, joy and acceptance. Practice “Live it to give it.”
- Advanced Assisting & Anatomy of Energetics: Advanced techniques in assisting and anatomy will allow the teacher to know the spirals of the body, how the body links as one to move, and the flow of internal energy as it moves through a sequence
- Advanced Sequence Training: Advanced sequencing methods will be covered including teaching to the advanced student. refine and master to teaching the flow to challenge and inspire all students. You will prepare to become a master teacher, leading others through the path of yoga.
- Advanced Methodology: Philosophy will focus on learning how to walk along the four directions, and communicating spirituality in your classes Teachers will teach mock clinics, and learn how to teach to masses. sharing your authenticity with your students, as you learn to teach a theme throughout a class
- Elite Athlete Teacher Training 1
- Elite Athlete Teacher Training 2
- Research Presentation & Business of Yoga
- Awaken Your Spirit weekend
How the 8-module system works:
- Apply for the program
- Once accepted, pay the $1,00 registration tuition. This tuition covers your admittance into the program, the Empowerment & Beyond module and book.
- You will receive your personal Teacher Training packet checklist to document and keep track of your attendances
- Sign up for each additional module that best fits your schedule. Each module costs $360 (except for Empowerment & Beyond, that is covered in your initial registration tuition).
- All program modules and requirements are to be completed within 3 years of the start date
- Once all modules are complete, turn in your final Teacher Training packet checklist and final coursework papers.
- You have will then receive your letter of complete, 500 hour Sid Yoga Teacher Training certification, and be eligible to register as a 500 hour RYT with Yoga Alliance!
Our 500hour Teacher Training is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School.
|Deposit due upon program acceptance||$1,000|
|Each additional module (7)||$360|
2014 Dates & Modules
First meeting: January 12 @ 4:30pm- 8pm
Module 1: Empowerment & Beyond , 7 consecutive Sunday nights, 8:30-10:00pm, beginning January 12, last meeting February 23
Module 2: February 7-9 (Mastery of Assisting & Anatomy of energetics)
Module 3: February 28- March 2 (Advance sequence training)
Module 4: March 28-30 (Advanced methodology)
Module 5: April 25-27 (Elite Athlete training part 1)
Module 6: May 16- 18 (Elite Athlete training part 2)
Module 7: June 6-8 (Research presentations & Business of yoga)
Module 8: July 11-13 (Awaken Your Spirit)
Times & details for weekend modules:
Fridays: 5-10:30pm / Saturdays: 8am- 8pm / Sundays: 8am-8pm
All training hours are held at Sid Yoga Center, in Towson, MD. Those participating in the training from out of the area are responsible to scheduling own flight and places to stay during training hours. All hours are required to attend. Sid Yoga will assist you in your travels by making local recommendations for your needs during your stay in Towson/Baltimore area. Trainees may bring their own food for lunch and dinner breaks. There are several health food stores and various places to eat in short walking distance from the studio.
- Research Project: Study, research, create, develop a yoga program with a specific area of focus. begins at the beginning of the program, and continues to take place on the trainees own time throughout the program. Each weekend module there is a group “check-in” for updates and news on the development of this research project. This project culminates in Module 7, with a 45 minute presentation to the group. Previous topic example: Yoga for infertility, Yoga for Tweens, Yoga and nutrition, Yoga for Cancer patients, Yoga for Healthcare workers, Yoga for Dance, and more.
- Text book readings
The following assignments are an overview of what is due WITHIN1 year of completing ALL the modules (all though these assignments can be turned in during the weekend of your last module):
- Articles on Research studies and program
- Philosophy paper of the yoga sutras and another ancient text of choice: Through the program we refer and teach from the Yoga sutras. You will complete a paper specific to the Sutras and another ancient, or philosophical, text (Bhagavad Gita, Tao, Koran, Bible, Course in Miracles, Torah, etc).
- Video of self teaching a live class + self-evaluation of teaching
Sid Yoga Teacher Training manual, yoga classes during scheduled training hours, Empowerment and Beyond program, all yoga training hours and course material, discount on our unlimited monthly yoga package, teaching and practice support, 50% discount on all SYC teacher workshops, and a high quality transformative training experience.
Additional program fees include:
program required text books (5) and payment for weekly classes at Sid Yoga Center. Students are asked to attend at least 3 classes per week at the studio throughout their training period, as many classes as possible with Sid and Lindsay.